Valentine’s Day Conversation Heart Pancake Recipe
Breakfast is always a challenge here before school, so I thought I’d start the day out with Valentine’s Day conversation heart pancakes!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Breakfast is always a challenge here before school, so I thought I’d start the day out with a little Valentine’s Day surprise!
I used regular pancake mix and mixed in a few drops of NEON food coloring. (McCormick)
I then poured the batter into a ziplock bag and cut off a corner so I could squeeze out the batter into a heart shape. You could just make round pancakes and use a heart cookie cutter as well.
I was happy with colored heart pancakes, but then I realized I had a little tube of gel icing so I made them into “conversation hearts”!
You can freeze any leftover pancakes for an easy breakfast the next morning!
Some other fun little tips:
- Pair the pancakes with a pink, purple or blue smoothie!
- Decorate the table with doilies, festive tablecloths, napkins, and plates.
- Leave a little token gift on your child’s seat for a fun surprise when they wake up!
- Add a special note telling your kids how much and why you love them.
- And of course, include your significant other!
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.