Winger’s Sticky Finger Quesadilla Copycat Recipe
Winger’s Roadhouse Grill is a restaurant chain found in a few select states. Although I have never visited the restaurant, I have heard much praise for their sticky wings from those lucky enough to eat there.
Recently I tried out this copycat recipe for their Sticky Finger Quesadillas and it lived up to the hype. A sauce is made from Franks hot sauce, brown sugar and a splash of vinegar to create a sweet and spicy glaze for baked popcorn chicken. After coating the chicken in the yummy sauce, chop it up into bite-sized pieces and make a delicious quesadilla.
Please note that this recipe makes extra sauce, enough to coat an entire bag of popcorn chicken. If you don’t use all the chicken in the quesadillas, save the chicken for a delicious appetizer the next day. Just the sauce and the chicken together are fantastic. Another option for a dipping sauce is to mix equal portions ranch dressing and the Winger’s sauce, which we tried and loved.
Many thanks to Lovely Little Snippets for this recipe. Enjoy!
Winger's Sticky Finger Quesadilla Copycat
- 1/3 c. + 2 TBS Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 bag Tyson popcorn chicken
- 1 The Winger's sauce you just made
- 1 shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ranch dressing You can mix equal parts of the winger sauce plus ranch for dipping
- Heat the Hot sauce, brown sugar to a boil and remove from heat, it will thicken as it cools. Add vinegar last and mix well.
- After baking the popcorn chicken, drizzle the sauce over the chicken and toss to coat. Cover the tortilla with cheese, add chicken, top with more cheese and then the other tortilla.
- Place onto a medium-heat griddle until cheese is melted and both sides are browned. Serve with ranch, or if desired mix equal portions of ranch and Winger's sauce for dipping.