Baked Mac And Cheese
Now that the holidays are here, it’s time to think about what to cook and bake!
If I’m being completely honest, I tend to stick with the same traditional food that I ate when I was a kid and dishes that I have been making for my family for years. There is something comforting about the familiar.
One of my family’s favorite holiday side dishes is baked mac and cheese. A simple dish, but so warm and gooey that it just pairs perfectly with turkey or ham. It’s simply the best.
Today I’m sharing my personal baked mac and cheese recipe that includes a must-have ingredient – Progresso Bread Crumbs! Bread crumbs give the top of the mac and cheese a nice crunch that elevates basic mac and cheese. It’s definitely an ingredient that you do not want to leave out.
Okay, let’s get on to the recipe!
Baked Mac and Cheese
- 1 8oz package elbow macaroni
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 20 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Progresso Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set to the side.
- Whisk milk, flour, paprika and onion salt in a large bowl until combined. Add 3 1/2 cups cheese and macaroni and stir together.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Evenly sprinkle Progresso Bread Crumbs, remaining cheese and melted butter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Doesn’t it look amazing? I can’t wait to dig in myself!
Amp up your baked mac and cheese this holiday by picking up Progresso Bread Crumbs at Walmart in the spice aisle! Your family and friends will be glad you did, trust me. 😃
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Progresso™ The opinions and text are all mine.