Biscoff Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
If you haven’t tried Biscoff Cookies before, they are crisp caramelized biscuits imported from Belgium that use all-natural ingredients, are preservative-free, free of trans fat and cholesterol, made without genetically modified ingredients or artificial colors, vegan and do not contain nuts. They remind me of a delicious graham cracker cookie. Now, imagine that caramelized biscuit in spread form on toast, apple slices or a sandwich. Yeah.
Biscoff asked me to create my own recipe using the delicious Biscoff spread and I knew right away that I wanted to make a dessert. (I mean, just makes sense, right?) I was inspired by a recipe I found on 3 Squeezes, but wanted to make the cups more peanut buttery and milk chocolatey. (totally words) Below is the result. Prepare to drool.
Biscoff Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Yield: 24 cups
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
1 tube refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
1 1/2 cups Creamy Biscoff Spread
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan and set aside.
3. Press a tablespoon or so of the peanut butter cookie dough into each muffin cup, making sure to cover the entire cup. (including sides) The idea is to make a "cup" in each one. One tube of cookie dough should make enough for all 24 cups.
4. Bake cookie dough cups for around 10 minutes, until the dough appears golden. (check before 10 minutes if your oven runs hot)
5. Carefully remove baked peanut butter cookie cups from the oven. Using a spoon sprayed with non-stick spray, press each cup into "cup" form to make room for filling. Let cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then move cups to a wire rack.
6. In a medium saucepan, melt peanut butter chips and half of Creamy Biscoff Spread (3/4 cup) over medium heat, stirring constantly. When mixture is melted, pour into each peanut butter cookie cup about 3/4 full. Refrigerate cups for 10 minutes.
7. Wash saucepan, then return to stovetop to melt milk chocolate chips and remaining Creamy Biscoff Spread (3/4 cup) over medium heat, stirring constantly. When melted, pour mixture over cups, filling to top of each one.
8. Refrigerate cups for around 30 minutes, then enjoy! Goes great with milk. 🙂