How to Make Chex Muddy Buddies
I love this time of year. The fall weather is absolutely wonderful, the colors outside are beautiful, and the air feels fresh and crisp. Soon my kitchen will be filled with holiday baking, treats — along with family traditions, new and old.
Do you have any favorite holiday traditions from your childhood? There’s something seriously heartwarming about continuing to do the things you used to do with your parents or grandparents at this time of year. The memories they helped you to create come alive when you share them with your children and someday they’ll carry on the same.
One tradition I can remember (and it’s a delicious one!) was making Chex Mix. Did you do this as a child? I don’t know what it is about Chex that makes it so versatile in both sweet and savory recipes, but we can’t get enough! This year, I’m bringing that tradition back to my own kids by making a tasty recipe that I KNOW you and your family are going to love! It’s time to Mix up the Holiday Magic with Chex!
Since my kids are all about the chocolate, especially during the holidays, I thought we might whip up some Muddy Buddies! Keep reading and find out how you can make your own. This is a tradition everyone in your family will be excited to carry on!
Chex Muddy Buddies
Yield: 18 servings
- 9 cups Rice Chex™, Corn Chex™ or Chocolate Chex™ cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Don’t they look yummy? My kids had so much fun making Muddy Buddies with me and to make them even more special for the holidays, we decided to package them up to give as gifts!
For more holiday recipe inspiration, be sure to head over and check out chex.com and bring those traditions back home! Yum!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ChexTM. The opinions and text are all mine.