Easy Overnight French Toast Recipe
I am a huge fan of easy breakfast and an even BIGGER fan of dishes I can put together the night before.
Watch the steps below or scroll down to print the recipe!
This overnight French toast recipe can be easily assembled and refrigerated the night before baking, then popped into the oven the next morning!
Who doesn’t like the smell of cinnamon first thing in the morning?
Overnight French Toast
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
- 1 (16-ounce) Challah or French bread loaf, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- Maple Syrup
- Arrange bread cubes evenly in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, butter, maple syrup and vanilla; pour over bread mixture, pressing bread cubes to absorb egg mixture. Sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Cover and chill 8 hours. Remove from the refrigerator at let stand 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 to 30 more minutes or until lightly browned and set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with maple syrup.