Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dog Recipe
For the folks out there who love bacon cheeseburgers, I recommend these delicious Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dogs.
For the folks out there who love bacon cheeseburgers, I recommend these delicious Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dogs. This recipe uses a pre-cooked style of bacon, which cuts down on the cooking time and ensures that the cheese doesn’t all melt away, and the bacon is thoroughly cooked.
I did try this recipe out using regular bacon just to test it and found that it took quite a bit longer for the bacon to become cooked through. That being said, I would highly recommend picking up a package of pre-cooked bacon for this recipe.
Feel free to try out different kinds of cheese, such as pepper jack, cheddar, and Monterrey Jack. The original recipe from Barbara Bakes uses shredded cheese, which I thought might be a little bit messy. I got a block of cheddar and cut thin sticks of cheese to stuff in the middle of the hot dogs. It worked great! For garnish, ketchup and mustard are great standard condiments. Barbecue sauce would also taste great too. Enjoy!
Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dogs
- 8 hot dogs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese or a few slices of block cheese, cut into thin sticks
- 16 slices bacon pre-cooked
- 8 hot dog buns toasted
- Preheat oven to 450º. Slice each hot dog lengthwise down the middle almost, but not all the way through. Fill the pocket with cheese.
- Wrap the hot dog with two slices of thin-sliced, pre-cooked bacon. Secure bacon with toothpicks if necessary. (If needed you can warm the bacon in the microwave for 20 seconds to make them more flexible)
- Bake approximately 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bacon and hot dog are hot.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.