How to Wrap Christmas Gifts Cheaply
Get ready to sleigh the gift-wrapping game without emptying your wallet! In our How to Wrap Christmas Gifts Cheaply guide, we’re diving into a world of thrifty and playful tricks to give your presents a touch of festive magic without breaking the bank. From quirky newspaper whimsy to the charm of brown paper doodles, these budget-friendly ideas will turn your gift-wrapping into a joyful and pocket-friendly celebration. Let’s unwrap the secrets to making your presents sparkle on a budget! 🎁✨
How to Wrap Christmas Gifts Cheaply
Wrap your Christmas gifts without breaking the bank with these thrifty and playful tricks:
1. Use Newspapers as Wrapping Paper
Give your gifts a quirky twist by wrapping them in colorful comic strips, or fun newspapers.
WHERE TO FIND NEWSPAPERS
Finding newspapers is easier than catching snowflakes! Here are some playful suggestions:
- Your Neighbor’s Stash: Politely ask your neighbor if they have spare newspapers lying around—they might be happy to share!
- Local Coffee Shops: Swing by a nearby coffee shop; they often have newspapers available for customers to enjoy with their cup of joe.
- Community Centers: Check out community centers or local gathering spots where newspapers are usually handy for reading.
- Library Loot: Pop into your local library; they sometimes have a newspaper section where you can grab a few pages.
- Recycling Centers: Visit a recycling center—they usually have stacks of newspapers waiting to be recycled into your budget-friendly gift wrap.
- Friend’s Archives: Call up a friend and see if they have old newspapers lying around from past events or occasions.
- Office Break Room: Sneak into the office break room during non-peak hours; you might find discarded newspapers waiting to be repurposed.
- Local Stores: Some local grocery or convenience stores have free community newspapers near the entrance.
- Online News Websites: Some news websites offer free articles online, which you can print for a creative and eco-friendly alternative.
- Holiday Sales Ads: Keep an eye out for holiday sales ads—they’re like festive newspapers filled with gift ideas!
Newspaper Wrapping Inspiration
1. Add Feathers
via Lia Griffith
2. Add Berries
3. Ribbon and Greenery
via Cup of Joe
2. Brown Kraft Wrapping Paper
Embrace the simplicity of brown paper and get creative with doodles and stickers for a personalized touch.
Brown Wrapping Paper Inspiration
1. A Sprig of Greenery
2. Painted Chalkboard Gift Tags
3. Painted Ribbons or Bows
3. Fabric Wrapping Paper
Upcycle old fabric scraps or scarves for a unique and eco-friendly wrapping alternative.
HOT TO WRAP WITH FABRIC
Fabric Wrapping Inspiration
1. Easy Drawstring Fabric Gift Bag
2. Used Clothes
via Upcycle My Stuff
3. Easy Fabric Wrap
via Crafty for Home
4. Gift Toppers From Nature
Skip the store-bought bows and adorn your gifts with a touch of nature – think pinecones, twigs, or sprigs of greenery.
Nature Gift Topper Inspiration
1. Dried Flowers
2. Pine Cones
via Happily Dwell
5. DIY Stamp Gift Wrap Designs
Make your own stamps using household items like potatoes, and stamp away on plain paper for a handmade and charming look.
DIY Stamp Inspiration
1. Potato Stamp
via The Crafted Life
2. Lint Roller Stamp
3. Pencil Eraser Stamp
via Brit + Co
6. Cute Cutouts for Wrapping Gifts
Create whimsical cutouts from old cards or colorful paper to add a playful element to your gift wrap.
Cutout Wrapping Inspiration
1. Reused Greeting Cards
2. Reused Greeting Card Gift Tags
via A Taste of Home
3. Construction Paper Art
7. Reuse and Recycle
Embrace the art of reusing gift bags, ribbons, and bows from previous years to save money and reduce waste.
8. Cute Gift Toppers
Attach candy canes or small ornaments to your gifts – it’s like an extra little gift on the outside!
Gift Topper Inspiration
1. Candy Cane Topper
2. Candy Gift Toppers
3. Jingle Bells Topper
9. Kid’s Artwork Wrapping Paper
Let your little ones get creative and use their artwork as unique and heartfelt wrapping paper.
Kid’s Artwork Wrapping Paper Inspiration
1. Kid Footprints
via Skip to My Lou
2. Kid’s Artwork
3. Cookie Cutter Kid Art
10. Simple String Wrapping
Opt for simple twine or string to tie up your packages, adding a rustic and charming touch to your budget-friendly wrapping.
Simple String Wrapping Paper Inspiration
1. Simple Baker’s Twine
via Craft Cartwright
2. String with Small Ornaments
via Oprah Daily
3. Spiral String
With these playful ideas, your Christmas gifts will be wrapped up in style without denting your wallet!
Désirée is the Canuck mama behind So Fawned Lifestyle. Blogger, social media wrangler, go-to girl. Living the life with her partner Rich and awesome daughter Gretchen, she spends her days typing and drinking copious amounts of tea, and watching Gilmore Girl reruns.