Crock Pot Slow Cooker Pumpkin Caramel Cake Recipe for Fall
Here’s one of my new favorite fall dessert recipes using a Crock-Pot slow cooker, Pumpkin Caramel Cake! Add a scoop of ice cream on top!
I love cooking and baking in the fall.
There’s something about coming in from a cool day to a house filled with great smells that really feels perfect. Nothing creates those smells better than a Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
Most people are surprised to learn that one of my favorite things to cook in my Crock-Pot slow cooker is dessert! Yes, you can make dessert. 🙂
From applesauce to cakes, the Crock-Pot slow cooker is the perfect way to blend fall flavors.
Here’s one of my new favorite fall recipes using the Crock-Pot brand, Pumpkin Caramel Cake.
Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Pumpkin Caramel Cake Recipe for Fall
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 allspice
- 1 jar caramel topping
- optional: top with vanilla ice cream
- Whisk together all ingredients but the caramel topping into a large bowl. Pour mixture into a greased Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to high and let cook for two hours. After two hours, add 3/4 of the caramel sauce. Continue to cook for another 1-2 hours (I cooked for the full 2 hours) or until the cake is fully set.
- Let sit for around 5 minutes, then serve topped with more caramel sauce and a scoop of ice cream!
If you’ve never tried making a dessert using a slow cooker, I highly recommend it! You’ll be amazed at how much richer the flavors are when they’re cooked low and slow. Plus, this model really makes cleanup a breeze.
PIN THIS RECIPE!
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.