Peanut Butter Acorn Cookie Recipe
Peanut butter cookies shaped like acorns, dipped in milk chocolate, and fall sprinkles. Easy recipe for fall cookies for this special time of year!
Embrace the spirit of fall with these delightful acorn-shaped peanut butter cookies. Dipped in velvety milk chocolate and adorned with charming fall-themed sprinkles, they’re the perfect treat to celebrate the season.
Why They’re Perfect for Fall and Thanksgiving Cookies
These Peanut Butter Acorn Cookies are a delightful addition to any fall or Thanksgiving gathering. Their nutty, peanut butter flavor and charming acorn design bring a touch of autumnal warmth to your dessert table. Whether served as an after-dinner treat or a mid-day snack, these cookies are sure to be a crowd-pleaseing Thanksgiving dessert during the fall season.
Festive Fun for All
Gather your loved ones and make these cookies a family project. Whether it’s a weekend activity or a cozy evening together, baking and decorating these acorn-shaped delights is a fantastic way to bond and create lasting fall memories.
An Autumn Classic
These cookies aren’t just a sweet treat; they’re a taste of the season. As the leaves change and the air becomes crisp, enjoy the flavors of fall with these charming acorn cookies. They’re perfect for gatherings, after-school snacks, or simply savoring with a warm cup of cocoa.
Simple and Scrumptious
This easy recipe is a breeze to follow, making it an ideal choice for the busy fall season. The combination of nutty peanut butter and smooth milk chocolate creates a mouthwatering experience that captures the essence of autumn in every bite.
Ingredients Needed for Acorn Peanut Butter Cookies
Sugar: Sugar is the sweet essence that adds a delightful sugary taste to your acorn peanut butter cookies. It provides the perfect balance of sweetness, making your cookies an irresistible treat. It also helps create that lovely cookie texture we all love.
Peanut Butter: Peanut butter is the heart and soul of your cookies, infusing them with a rich, nutty flavor. It not only contributes to the cookie’s taste but also its texture, creating a mouthwatering chewiness that’s unmistakable in peanut butter cookies.
Egg: Eggs are the binding agent that holds your cookie dough together. They help form that perfect cookie shape and structure while adding moisture and richness to your cookies.
Pretzel Sticks: Pretzel sticks are the key to giving your cookies their adorable acorn appearance. When broken in half and gently pressed into the cookies, they create the stem, making them look just like real acorns. Plus, they add a delightful crunch to each bite.
Fall Sprinkles: Fall sprinkles bring a touch of seasonal magic to your cookies. With warm colors and charming shapes, they not only make your cookies visually appealing but also add a hint of festivity and whimsy to your autumn treat. It’s all about the delightful details that make your cookies truly special.
Equipment for Acorn Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Acorn Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- pretzel sticks
- 3 oz milk chocolate chips
- fall sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix sugar, peanut butter, and egg together until it becomes a cookie dough-like consistency. Yes, it does hold together like regular dough!
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, take about a tbsp of cookie dough and wrap/roll (an oblong roll) around a pretzel stick the length of the pretzel stick, leaving a small tip of the pretzel stick exposed on one end of the roll (refer to the photo above this recipe for a visual).
- Bake approximately 10-12 minutes. Let cool. tip: if the pretzel sticks "acorn tops" are not exposed enough after baking, you can gently pull them out a bit when they are still warm. Be careful not to break the cookie in doing so!
- Microwave milk chocolate chips in a small, deep glass bowl (following the package instructions for timing). Dip the top of each acorn cookie (the ends with the pretzel stick exposed) into the melted chocolate and gently place back onto the parchment paper baking sheet, then sprinkle with fall-inspired sprinkles!
- Let chocolate firm up, then enjoy!
More Thanksgiving Dessert Favorites
- LIBBY’S Famous Pumpkin Pie
- 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 12 Thanksgiving Cookie Recipes
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.