Crockpot Slow Cooker Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe
There is nothing more comforting than a hearty pot roast. The challenge of making a pot roast is cooking it low and slow in the oven, which is a bit of a pain if you need to leave the house. BUT, there is another option!
A Crock-Pot slow cooker. Genius.
A gorgeous pot roast over flavorful mushrooms, carrots, and new potatoes – yum! Grab the recipe below.
Crockpot Balsamic Roast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup new potatoes
- 1 (3 pound) boneless chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 (8-ounce) container sliced fresh mushrooms
- Place onions, carrots and potatoes in a slow cooker. Rub roast on all sides with garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Add to slow cooker. Top with broth, tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, thyme and rosemary.
- Cook on low for 71/2 hours or High heat for 31/2 hours or until beef is tender. Add mushrooms and cook 30 more minutes. Let roast stand 5 minutes and serve with vegetables.
PIN THIS RECIPE BELOW!