Flavored Stirring Spoons for Coffee or Hot Chocolate
There are so many things that I love about the holiday season, but my favorite part of it all is making gifts for my loved ones.
While I know that the holidays aren’t just about the gifts, they are about thanking those who mean the most to you. This is why I love putting a little emotion and heart in the gifts I create.
I was inspired to create some sweet stirring spoons that taste like the holidays!
These flavored spoons melt as they are stirred in hot coffee, releasing an even more delicious flavor with every sip! It’s coffee-drinking weather outside, so let’s make it even more special.
(any of these combinations will work)
- milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or chocolate candy melts
- white chocolate chips or candy melts
- peppermint candy pieces
- chocolate mint candy pieces
- cinnamon baking chips
- white chocolate chips
- toffee pieces
- coarse sea salt
tools/supplies you’ll need:
- wooden spoons (plastic spoons would work, too, but not as special as wooden spoons!)
- small bowls, jelly jars, or ramekins for ingredients
- wax paper
- plastic spoons for stirring melted chocolate and caramel (you can also use regular spoons)
- treat bags (for gifting)
- gift ribbon (for gifting in treat bags)
- scissors (for gifting in treat bags)
Heat chocolate (milk or white) or caramel melts in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then another 10-30 seconds until melted. Do not overcook, as the chocolate and caramel can seize easily.
Dip the spoon in the chocolate/caramel to coat completely. When coated, lay on wax paper top with candies or salt!
Any combination of coating and candies can be used! If you need some help, here are a few “recipe” ideas:
- milk chocolate with peppermint candy pieces
- caramel with coarse sea salt
- milk chocolate with white chocolate chips
- white chocolate with cinnamon chips
- white chocolate with mint candy pieces
- milk chocolate with toffee pieces
Can you imagine receiving this special gift for the holidays? I know that I would want to brew a cup of java right on the spot!
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.