DIY Fantasy Unicorn Fairy Magic Wand Centerpiece and Party Favors
As the kids get older I actually find planning their birthday parties more challenging.
Sure, they might want a certain theme like “superheroes” or “football,” but I also want to let my inner party planner out, too. I’ve created invitations, favors, decorations…the list goes on and on!
This fun centerpiece is also a party favor. Unicorns are super hot right now and these wands work well for any sort of fantasy-themed party.
In fact, this fun centerpiece is also a party favor. Unicorns are super hot right now and these wants work well for any sort of fantasy-themed party.
WHAT YOU NEED
- plastic unicorns
- fine glitter (in any colors you like, I used purple, pink and blue)
- Mod Podge (matte)
- paint brushes
- dow rods
- high-temp glue gun
- 1-2 glue sticks
- ribbon (in any colors you like, I used purple, pink and blue)
- large foam block
HOW TO MAKE
- Using a hot glue gun, adhere unicorn (untouched) to dow rods and hold in place with hands until the glue is holding unicorn in place. Place dow rod into foam block. Repeat for each wand desired.
- After the hot glue is dry, apply an even coat of Mod Podge to unicorn while holding the dow rod. Once unicorn is evenly coated, sprinkle glitter until unicorn is covered. If you miss any spots, simply dab with more Mod Podge and apply more glitter. Place wand back into foam block and allow to dry. Repeat for each wand.
- Once glitter is dry, paint dow rod while holding at the end of the rod. Place back into foam block, leaving bottom unpainted. Once the paint is dry, lay wand on its side on foam block (hanging the unpainted section off of block) and paint the remainder.
- Once painted dow rods are dry, tie the ribbon (I like doing 3 colors per wand) to each wand. Display in a jar or vase full of matching candies as a centerpiece and hand out at the end of the party!