Easter Dinner: Baked Ham with Spiced Cherry Sauce Recipe
In my family, Easter dinner has ham as the main dish and I wanted to spice things up this year with Spiced Cherry Sauce!
In my family, Easter dinner usually involved ham as the main dish. I wanted to spice things up this year so I tried this oh so simple Spiced Cherry Sauce from ChinDeep. I adapted the recipe just slightly as I found the original to be a bit too potent in cinnamon flavor. The great thing about this sauce is that you can tweak the spices to fit your tastes.
For my sauce, I added just a touch more brown sugar and less spices. I wanted the cherry flavor to be more pronounced and the original amount of cinnamon was masking the fruit flavor, but you can taste test it for yourself and get it just right. For some reason, my cinnamon must be extra potent. Many thanks to ChinDeep for the recipe. Enjoy!
Baked Ham with Spiced Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 1 prepared ham Follow the directions on the packaging
- 1 12 oz. jar whole cherry preserves (This has whole or halved cherries inside)
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves
- Combine the preserves, brown sugar, orange zest, cinnamon and cloves and heat in a small bowl in the microwave or in a small saucepan on your stove top. Stir until just heated. Plate the ham, pour some of the sauce over and grate a little more orange zest over the top.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.