EASY 6 Cheese Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe
For my homemade mac and cheese recipe, I’ve chosen 6 cheeses because I like my mac and cheese to have a very distinct flavor.
For my homemade mac and cheese recipe, I’ve chosen the 6 Cheese Italian from Sargento. I like my mac and cheese to have a very distinct flavor.
I don’t want it to taste like a boring meal from a box — we’re going for distinct and exciting here folks!
6 Cheese Mac & Cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 cups Sargento 6 Cheese Mac & Cheese or any variation of cheeses
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper less if you don't like any heat
- salt to taste
- 1 lb elbow macaroni al dente
- Cook elbow macaroni to al dente, drain and set aside.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat, then add olive oil and butter.
- After the butter melts, add flour a little at a time while whisking. Cook flour through, around 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk slowly while whisking and bring to boil while whisking.
- Allow milk to thicken a bit, then add 2 cups of cheese, a little at a time while stirring until all cheese has been added.
- Add cayenne pepper and stir, then add cooked macaroni to sauce.
- Evenly distribute sauce and macaroni, then move to a deep baking dish.
- Add remaining cheese to the top and broil under brown and crispy.
This recipe is a big hit in my family and the perfect comfort food for the upcoming chilly season!
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.