The Easiest Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe
December just wouldn’t feel right with a plate piled high with sugar cookies and these are this recipe is the easiest to bake and frost!
The Easiest Christmas Sugar Cookies
We’re right smack dab in the middle of the holiday season, which means my kitchen is a pretty hopping spot. I’ve been collecting all my baking ingredients and getting my favorite recipes ready to go! Since December just wouldn’t feel right with a plate piled high with sugar cookies — the quintessential holiday cookie — I’ve decided to whip up a few batches of these tasty treats to give away as gifts to friends and neighbors.
I know there are folks out there who aren’t as keen on giving foodie gifts at Christmastime, but I LOVE it! Most of us don’t need a ton of new stuff, but when someone gives me baked goods, I always appreciate it — and so do my kids!
Equipment Need for Holiday Sugar Cookies
- vegetable cooking spray
- cookie mold pan or baking sheet
- large mixing bowl
- electric mixer
- cooling wire rack
Ingredients for Christmas Sugar Cookies
Butter: Creamy and rich, butter adds a luscious and indulgent flavor to make your Christmas sugar cookies irresistibly delicious.
Sugar: Sweet and granulated, sugar is the key ingredient that brings a delightful sweetness to each bite of your holiday treats.
Egg: One simple egg lends a golden hue and contributes to the soft and chewy texture, ensuring your Christmas sugar cookies are just right.
Vanilla Extract: Fragrant and aromatic, vanilla extract enhances the flavor profile with a warm and inviting essence, making your cookies extra delightful.
Almond Extract: A hint of almond extract adds a subtle and nutty undertone, elevating the taste of your Christmas sugar cookies to a whole new level of yumminess.
Flour: The foundation of your cookies, flour provides structure and a soft, tender crumb, creating the perfect base for your festive treats.
Salt: A pinch of salt balances the sweetness, highlighting the flavors and adding a touch of depth to your easiest Christmas sugar cookie recipe.
Give the Gift of Food
I hope you enjoy my sugar cookie recipe, too. Also, don’t forget to make enough to share with all your friends, neighbors, and family this season!
Get and Print the Full Recipe
Easiest Sugar Cookie Recipe Ever
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat over to 350. Spray a cookie mold pan with vegetable pan spray. NOTE: I used a cookie mold pan for this recipe, which is much easier than cutting out cookie shapes. You can also roll out and cut these out, or just drop the cookies into balls on a baking sheet.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Beat in the egg and extracts, mixing well.
- Combine flour and salt, adding the flour a little at a time while mixing.
- Press into cookie molds about 2/3 fulls and baked for around 5-7 minutes, just before cookies start to brown.
- Let cool in cookie mold pan for 10 minutes before turning over and popping out. Continue to cool on wire rack.
- Decorate and enjoy!
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.