Easy Creamy Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
There’s nothing better than a big mug of tomato soup and a grilled cheese – and tomato soup is easy to make!
Winter is approaching and for me, that means it’s soup season. Don’t you just love that first bite, when you can feel the soup traveling all the way down to your belly? So warm, so cozy, so comforting. Thankfully, one of my favorite soups is super easy to make and I’m so excited to share it with you today!
Doesn’t that look delicious?
Over the years I’ve realized that tomato soup is a love or hate it sort of soup, but if you ask me, there’s nothing more delicious on a wintry afternoon, than a big mug of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich! It’s definitely a childhood favorite, which is probably why it’s such a comforting food to me. Reminds me of Christmas vacation and watching the snow cover our yard.
And, now for the recipe….
Easy Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
- 30 oz chicken or vegetable broth or stock
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- coarse salt and black pepper
- hot sauce to taste optional
soup toppers (optional):
- crusty bread
- cheeses I use grated parmesan
- Combine broth and tomatoes in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the soup starts to bubble, stir in heavy cream and reduce heat to low.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a hand blender, puree soup, then serve.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.