Magic Hello Dolly Dessert Bars Recipe
Hello Dolly Bars, often referred to as Magic Bars, are a classic bar dessert that many home bakers have made in some form or another. The appeal to these tasty bars is that they contain a bit of everything good. Chocolate, butterscotch, coconut and nuts over a graham cracker crumb crust.
Watch the steps in my video or scroll down to print the recipe!
Be prepared to give some away to your friends and family as these are addictive and hard to stop eating. Enjoy!
Hello Dolly (Magic) Bars Recipe
Hello Dolly Bars, or Magic Bars, are a bar dessert that includes chocolate, butterscotch, coconut and nuts over a graham cracker crumb crust.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts walnuts or pecans traditionally
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13 x 9 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter until all the crumbs are moist. Press the mixture into the baking sheet being sure the bottom is covered and the layer is even. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the graham cracker mixture.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the condensed milk and then sprinkle the butterscotch chips evenly over the chocolate. Top with the coconut and nuts.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before slicing. Store in a airtight container.
3 Comments on “Magic Hello Dolly Dessert Bars Recipe”
Pingback: Turn your brownies up a notch with these Hello Dolly Magic Bars | Rare
I put evaporated milk instead of condensed, I thought it was the same thing, they are in the oven now and I hope they set.. wish me luck but I doubt it will work out. lol
How did they turn out?