Cathedral Windows Christmas Dessert Recipe
A little bit messy, certainly, but this cathedral windows Christmas dessert is festive and a delicious throwback to old fashioned treats.
Are you looking to add a little color to your cookie tray this year? If you aren’t afraid of some seriously sweet treats, I recommend these tasty Cathedral Windows.
They are more candy than cookie, truth be told.
A little bit messy, certainly, but they are festive and a delicious throwback to old-fashioned treats.
Cathedral Windows Christmas Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs beaten (or any egg beater type product, as long as it is pasturized)
- 1 10.5 ounce package rainbow colored miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Melt together the butter and chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir to blend, then stir in the eggs, colored marshmallows and pecans.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan, lined with wax paper or cling wrap. Dust with powdered sugar (optional, I skipped it) and refrigerate until firm, at least 12 or even 24 hours is best.
- Remove chilled dough from loaf pan, remove the wax paper or cling wrap. If desired, roll in shredded coconut. Slice into 1/4 inch slices.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.