Loaded Baked Potato Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Grilled cheese sandwiches are one of my favorite comfort foods.
Most often I make basic cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches with a bowl of tomato soup, but this time around I wanted something with more flavor, more oomph. I spotted this recipe for a Loaded Baked Potato Grilled Cheese at two blogs, Southern Fairytale and Galley Kitchen.
After seeing it twice and drooling over the photos, I decided it was time to see how a loaded baked potato transitioned into a grilled cheese sandwich. The result was deliciously fantastic. Thick, perfectly cooked bacon is held in place by gooey melted cheese. A spread of sour cream and a hefty sprinkling of green onions gave it an additional flavor pop that our family loved.
Many thanks to Southern Fairytale and Galley Kitchen for this delicious recipe. Enjoy!
Loaded Baked Potato Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices country potato bread
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 1-2 TBSP chopped green onions
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
1. Pre-heat a griddle or flat iron skillet to 350°F
2. Lay out 4 slices of potato bread. Spread a thin layer of sour cream onto each slice of potato bread. Top each slice of potato bread with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. Place bacon onto two of the slices of bread (one half of each sandwich). Sprinkle each slice of potato bread with chopped green onions.
3. Put the sandwiches together. Spread butter onto the outsides of both sandwiches
4. Place on the griddle and cook until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Remove the sandwiches from the hot griddle and set on a cooling rack for a few minutes. (This helps the bread to not become soggy). Serve.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.