Earth Day Books For Kids!
Earth Day is coming up on April 22nd and is a fantastic opportunity to get your kiddos involved in why we need to care for our planet! We all know that things that recycling, reusing, picking up trash, and composting are great ways to help our planet — but do your kiddos know why we do the things we do? This year, use Earth Day as a learning opportunity and help your little Planet Savers learn about all the ways they can help!
Here are a few great Earth Day books for kids that’ll help them understand why it’s so important to care for our planet! Plus, scroll down for some fun Earth Day activities for kids of all ages!
1. Fancy Nancy: Every Day Is Earth Day | 2. The Three R’s: Reuse, Reduce, Recycle | 3. The Adventures of an Aluminum Can: A Story About Recycling | 4. Compost Stew | 5. The Berenstain Bears Don’t Pollute Anymore | 6. Judy Moody Saves The World!
Ideas for celebrating Earth Day with your family!
- Head to your local park to pick up trash! Be sure to educate your children about what items are safe/not safe to pick up and always wear gloves!
- Visit a gardening center to learn all about plants, why we need them, and how they help to clean the air!
- Make a bird feeder out of recycled materials
- Teach your kids how to sort your recycling before it goes out to the curb
- Create an art project made items found in nature — pebbles, sand, twigs, leaves, you name it!
- Pack a no-litter picnic and enjoy eating outside (if it’s warm enough!)
- Go bird watching
- Create a walk-in-the-woods scavenger hunt and go for a hike
Wishing you a wonderful Earth Day, friends! I hope you and your little Planets Savers have a fantastic time!