Caramelized Peaches with Ice Cream Recipe
Roasting peaches in the oven brings out a delicious flavor that is perfect for a light summer dessert to pair with ice cream.
Here is what you need to know: Peaches are delicious. Roasting peaches in the oven brings out a delicious flavor that is perfect for a light summer dessert.
If you would like to lighten it up you can substitute sorbet for ice cream. I think I’ll stick with ice cream though. If you are feeling frisky, you could also grill this on an outdoor (clean) barbecue.
Caramelized Peaches with Ice Cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 peaches unpeeled
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, combine the butter, sugar, vanilla, and 1/4 cup water.
- Place the dish in the heating oven until the butter melts. Remove from oven and stir to combine. Cut each peach in half and remove the pits. Arrange the peach halves in the dish cut-side down. Roast until the peaches are tender, about 20 minutes. If desired, slip the peach skins off and discard.
- Divide the warm peach halves among 6 bowls cut-side up, spoon the pan juices over the top, and serve with a scoop of the ice cream.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.