Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
These PERFECT Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with oatmeal, butterscotch chips, and chocolate chips. YUMMY!
I love chocolate chip cookies. I love them so much that I have to limit myself to making them only every couple of months, otherwise I would be as big as a house!
In my quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie, I have learned a few things.
1. Never melt your butter. Unless you like chocolate chip cookie chips.
3. Measure your flour the way you were taught in home ec. in Jr. High – it’s really important.
4. Have your eggs at room temperature. I don’t know why, but it just makes for a better cookie.
5. If you can’t find the perfect recipe, the one that makes you think of the cookies your Mom made, then make your Mom’s cookies.
And with that, I give you my no-fail chocolate chip cookies. These are the recipe my Mom made when I was a girl and now I make them for my kids. Enjoy!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 C. white sugar
- 2 C. Shortening
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 1/2 T. baking soda
- 4 C. Oatmeal blended
- 3 C. flour
- 1/2 package chocolate chips
- 1/2 package butterscotch chips
- Mix brown sugar, sugar, shortening and salt. Add baking soda dissolved in 2T hot water and remaining ingredients. Drop onto a cookie sheet with 1 oz. cookie scoop. Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes (until golden brown).
These make a lot of cookies, probably 6 dozen (I usually get 5 dozen, but that’s because I eat so much of the dough!). So, if you don’t want to make that many at once, freeze half the dough.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.