Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Squares Recipe
These Strawberry Cheesecake Squares are a great recipe for when you don’t have time to make a full cheesecake!
Cheesecake Squares are a great recipe for when you don’t have tons of time to make a proper cheesecake, or if you only have one block of cream cheese in the fridge and can’t make it to the store to buy any more.
Cheesecake purists can omit the jam from the recipe with no other changes. I enjoyed the jam in these squares, but next time around I’m going to go the purist route.
Ready for the recipe?
Strawberry Cheesecake Squares
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 8 ounce packet cream cheese, softened (Don’t use whipped cream cheese — It will never set up properly)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup (approx.) fresh strawberry jam
- Heat oven to 350-f.
- In a medium bowl blend thoroughly butter, brown sugar and flour with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Put 1 cup of the mixture aside for topping. Press remaining mixture into an 8×8x2 inch baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes. After cooling for a few minutes, spread the jam on top.
- In another bowl combine sugar and cream cheese, mixing until smooth. Thoroughly beat in egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Spread over the baked crust and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool, then chill for at least 1 hour. Cut into 16 squares; serve.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.