Oreo Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Milkshake Recipe
A rich, delicious cookies and cream ice cream milkshake, topped with whipped cream and a crunchy Oreo cookie!
If you read this blog regularly you know that I’m really taking full advantage of my patio this summer! I love being outside with the family. It’s our little daily escape from work, screens, and stress.
However, here in Oklahoma, it can sometimes be a bit of a challenge to convince family and friends that what they really want to do is relax outside in the heat. Moving people away from their air conditioning can be a challenge, but if you want to have a summer night with no electronics distracting you, then you need to get outdoors.
recommended: see more of our ice cream recipes
On a hot summer day, I always think of refreshing recipes for the whole family. A good ice cream recipe or delicious shake is always a family favorite and the perfect way to cool off!
I bought some cookies, some Breyer’s Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, and some chocolate milk so that I could make Cookies & Cream Milkshakes for a sweet treat on a hot day. It’s a simple recipe that makes a thick milkshake with perfect chunks of cookies. Better than cookie shakes from an ice cream shop!
Equipment for Delicious Oreo Milkshakes:
Ingredients for Classic Oreo Milkshake Recipe:
- 3-4 scoops of vanilla ice cream (I used Breyer’s Natural Vanilla, you could use chocolate ice cream for more chocolate flavor)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate milk
- 3-4 chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookies (I used Oreos, you could use chocolate cookies as well)
optional: whipped cream, chocolate sauce, or maraschino cherry for topping
Instructions for Easy Oreo Milkshake Recipe:
- Mix together in a blender, then pour into the glass. Top with whipped cream and a cookie (or drizzle chocolate syrup)!
Print the recipe card for this perfect treat here:
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Milkshake
- 3-4 scoops vanilla ice cream (I used Breyer’s Natural Vanilla)
- 1/2 cup chocolate milk
- 3-4 chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookies
- whipped cream or chocolate sauce for topping
- Mix together in a blender, then pour into the glass. Top with whipped cream and a cookie!
My plan is to coax everyone outside with the games and then keep them there with the Oreo shake recipe milkshakes! A creamy Oreo milkshake is a great summer dessert, not only because they’re obviously cold and delicious, but because they offer more calcium and protein than other desserts, and nutrients can be hard to come by in the summer months when you don’t want to eat as much as usual.
I love to use chocolate milk in these milkshakes because it’s creamier and enhances the vanilla flavor of the ice cream.
Of course, I also love natural vanilla ice cream because it’s made with simple ingredients like fresh cream, sugar, milk, and vanilla beans.
Here’s to summer and (hopefully) lots of outside family adventures (like milkshakes)!
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.