Pumpkin and Oreo Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
A sweet pumpkin cheesecake is set in between a split Oreo cookie and then topped with cool whip and sprinkles.
Cheesecake is delicious, I think a lot of us would agree on that point. At times though the effort you have to put in to make a large cheesecake can deter home bakers from making them.
That problem is solved with these adorable mini cheesecakes, baked in a regular-sized muffin pan.
A sweet pumpkin cheesecake is set in between a split oreo cookie and then topped with cool whip and sprinkles. Of course, you could make whipped cream from scratch but if you plan on chilling these in the fridge for a few hours you would have to use some sort of stabilizer in fresh whipped cream, which is why I went the cool whip route. Top with sprinkles and enjoy!
Note: The original recipe didn’t call for spraying the liners with a non-stick spray. I did and it left them feeling sort of ‘wet’. So I am NOT going to spray the next time around. Use your best judgment.
Pumpkin and Oreo Mini Cheesecakes
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 Oreos split in half
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350-f degrees. Place cupcake liners in a regular sized muffin pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat. Add the sour cream, vanilla, pumpkin, and cinnamon and beat until creamy.
- Place half of an Oreo in the bottom of the cupcake liners and fill the liner 3/4 full with the cheesecake batter. Place another half of an Oreo into the top of the batter. Bake for 22 minutes. Cool in pan for 15-20 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to finish cooling. Keep refrigerated.
- Top with Cool Whip and sprinkles before serving.
Watch the how-to video here!