Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bar Treats
St. Patrick’s Day is creeping up on the calendar. If you are looking for a sweet, colorful treat, this recipe for Lucky Charms Treats is adorable and tasty.
If you feel like being wild, you can tint the melted marshmallows with a tiny bit of green food coloring!
One tip that I have done for years when making Rice Krispies treats is to use a 9×9 or 8×8 pan, instead of the traditional 9×13. I like big ol’ chunky rice krispies treats so the smaller pans work perfectly to achieve that.
To make them extra cute, reserve about 1/2 cup of the Lucky Charms marshmallows to decorate the top with. Enjoy!
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bar Treats for St. Patrick’s Day
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- for garnish: reserve about 1/2 cup of Lucky Charms marshmallows
- optional: green food coloring
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Once melted, pour in cereal and mix until well-coated. (If using food coloring, add it to the melted marshmallows and stir well before adding the cereal)
- Press cereal mixture into a greased 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan. Sprinkle with reserved Lucky Charms marshmallows.
- Once set, cut into 9-12 squares and serve.