Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bar Treats
Lucky Charms cereal mixed with marshmallows, and butter to make the most delicious crunchy and gooey treat bars!
St. Patrick’s Day is creeping up on the calendar. If you are looking for a sweet, colorful treat, this recipe for Lucky Charms Treats is adorable and tasty.
If you feel like being wild, you can tint the melted marshmallows with a tiny bit of green food coloring!
One tip that I have done for years when making Rice Krispies treats is to use a 9×9 or 8×8 pan, instead of the traditional 9×13. I like big ol’ chunky rice krispies treats so the smaller pans work perfectly to achieve that.
To make them extra cute, reserve about 1/2 cup of the Lucky Charms marshmallows to decorate the top with. Enjoy!
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bar Treats for St. Patrick’s Day
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- for garnish: reserve about 1/2 cup of Lucky Charms marshmallows
- optional: green food coloring
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Once melted, pour in cereal and mix until well-coated. (If using food coloring, add it to the melted marshmallows and stir well before adding the cereal)
- Press cereal mixture into a greased 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan. Sprinkle with reserved Lucky Charms marshmallows.
- Once set, cut into 9-12 squares and serve.
5 Comments on “Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bar Treats”
Yum! I love Lucky Charms…I will have to try these out!
Woow. It looks delicious. I don’t know the recipe even though my husband is of Irish descent. 😮 But it doesn’t matter, I’ll now have a perfect opportunity to prepare it either at home or during a cooking class we signed up for a month ago. To put it more precisely, my husband gave me a special gift on this year’s Valentine’s Day – he booked a cooking class organized by Zac’s cooking school in our native Vancouver called – cooking classes for couples so we’re now collecting interesting recipes to come up with during that course and this one will definitely be part of our list. 🙂
My son would love these!
Pingback: St Patrick’s Day Special: Lucky Charms Treats ← Captain America & His English Rose
Pingback: Happy St. Patrick’s Day! | KNN