Sweet Bacon Tater Tots Recipe
Sweet smokey bacon wrapped around tender tater tots. What more could you ask for in a savory appetizer?
Watch the steps in the video or scroll down to print the recipe!
If you have leftovers, reheat them in the oven to get them nice and crispy again. I had a small percentage of the tots break, so be gentle when transferring them to your serving dish.
Sweet Bacon Tater Tots
- 50 - 55 tater tots (thawed to room temperature)
- 1-16-ounce package Bacon (strips cut in 4 pieces)
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top of the pan. This will allow the bacon to crisp on all sides.
- Cut each bacon strip into 4 pieces. Cut the bacon in half and then cut each half in half again.
- Wrap each thawed tater tot in bacon and then roll it in the brown sugar mixture. Place on top of the cookie rack.
- Bake about 10 to 15 minutes at 375, then increase the oven to 400 and let them cook another 5 minutes. Check to see if they are crisping up. You may need to leave them in 5 minutes longer. Check frequently at this point so they don't burn. Serve warm.