The Easiest Cinnamon Candy Apple Bites
Candy-making can be quite intimidating for a novice such as myself, but I was amazed at how easily I was able to pull this off, and how ADORABLE these little apple bites were! It had me looking around my kitchen to see what else I could possibly coat in candy. 🙂
Easy as 1-2-3.
1. You will simply need granulated sugar, light corn syrup, water, and apple slices. I purchased pre-sliced organic apples from Trader Joe’s, as they are delicious and hold up well without browning. If you prefer to slice your own, be sure to toss in a little lemon juice and pat dry before coating.
2. Boil sugar, water, and corn syrup together to reach the Hard Crack Stage, mix in red dye and cinnamon just off the heat.
3. Coat apple slices, place on well-greased wax or parchment until set, and enjoy.
The easiest Cinnamon Candy Apple Bites
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/2 c light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 6 drops red food colouring
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- wax paper
- cooking spray
- In a large pot over medium low heat, bring sugar, corn syrup and water to a gentle boil, stirring only in the beginning to incorporate ingredients. DO NOT STIR once boiling.
- Prepare a small, clear glass bowl with a small amount of ice water to check the candy stages. This will be explained below.
- Once boiling, watch sugar mixture very carefully, testing every few minutes by spooning a small amount into the ice water. When the sugar forms into strands that are brittle, your mixture is ready to remove from heat immediately. Read up on the stages of candy-making here for a more detailed explanation.
- Once mixture has reached that Hard Crack Stage, remove from heat, stir red dye and cinnamon in and working quickly, begin coating apple slices. Dip half a slice in sugar, let excess drip back into the pot, and place slices on wax paper to set. Be sure to move quickly so the candy coating does not harden in the pot before you are done.
- [Quick tip: to clean the pot once finished, fill with water and bring to a gentle boil. This will dissolve any remaining hardened candy and make clean-up nearly effortless.]
- Enjoy once candy coating is set.