What to Pack for Your First Carnival Cruise!
A few weeks ago, my husband and I sailed for the first time with Carnival Cruise Line!
We spent a week on the Carnival Magic for the “#LetsGOCarnival retreat”, which included copious amounts of eating, napping, and relaxing in the sun. Not a bad way to spend a week, if I do say so myself.
We had the best time! It was a week that was very much needed for just the two of us, and I cannot wait to take our next Carnival cruise with the whole family.
I plan on writing a few posts about our Carnival experience, but today is all about packing! If you are about to take your first Carnival cruise, too, I hope this packing list will help you prepare for the amazing time you are going to have.
What to Pack for Your First Carnival Cruise
WHAT TO PACK
- passports/proof of citizenship
- swimsuits and coverups
- beach bag (for the pools and/or beach during excursions)
- casual clothing that includes pants or dresses for cruise dinners (see your specific cruise schedule for any special dress codes)
- comfortable shoes – swim shoes, sandals, sneakers and one nice pair for dinners
- over-the-counter and prescription medications
- sunglasses and/or hats to shade from the sun
- lots of sunscreen – for a family of 4, I would bring at least 3 bottles
- aloe vera – for those spots that you miss
- camera – I typically use my cell phone for pics, but also like to bring a DSLR just in case I want to snap more beautiful shots
- quick, non-perishable snacks – ideas include packaged peanut butter crackers, granola bars, and dried fruits
- anti-nausea/sea sickness medications
- 3-5 plastic grocery sacks for packing wet clothing or accidents
- any toiletries you would normally travel with (see “what not to pack” below for more on toiletries you do not need to pack)
- towels – you will have plenty of towels available to you on and off the ship
- shampoo and shower gel (unless you need prescription lotion or a particular brand for sensitive skin or personal preference), body wash, and soap – each cabin is provided with travel-size shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and lotion daily
- hairdryer – a hairdryer is provided in the room
- large amounts of cash – most of the transactions you make both on and off the ship will be done with credit/debit cards, so no need to carry around large amounts of cash
Who is ready to pack for their cruise now?
If you haven’t booked your cruise yet, do so by visiting www.Carnival.com!
Disclosure: I participated in the #LetsGOCarnival retreat managed by SJ Consulting. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.
2 Comments on “What to Pack for Your First Carnival Cruise!”
Wow, you must have been on a special cruise or in a suite or spa cabin because we have been on 8 different Carnival ships (including the Magic) and none of them supply lotion, only shampoo and shower gel. None have had toiletries like the ones in your picture. Heck, the last four ships didn’t even have the “samples” basket in the bathroom. We have had balcony and inside cabins only.
Other than that your list is pretty spot on!
I was made aware that I received these extra items because I had status on the cruise. I have made adjustments to the post, thank you so much for bringing it to my attention!