Easy Crescent Roll Monkey Bread Recipe
SCROLL DOWN TO PRINT THE RECIPE!
While most people may be thinking about what to serve for holiday lunches and dinner, I can’t stop contemplating about what I’ll be whipping up for breakfast on Christmas morning. It has to be special, memorable and one that the family will ask for year after year.
So, for this holiday I’m going with a delicious caramel monkey bread topped with pecans, which is one of our favorites!
Oh my goodness, look at it!
The best part of this recipe is the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls that I purchased from Walmart, because it saved me a ton of time when putting this sweet breakfast dish together.
Let’s get on with the recipe, shall we?
Easy Crescent Roll Monkey Bread
Yield: 12 servings
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 - 8-oz cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, then cover the bottom and sides of a bundt pan with 2 tbsp of the melted butter.
- Sprinkle pan with 3 tbsp of pecans. Add remaining pecans, brown sugar and water to remaining melted butter in saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil. Boil 1 minute while stirring constantly, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove dough from cans, but do not unroll. Cut each long roll into 8 slices. Arrange 8 of the slices, cut side down, in the bundt pan. Spoon half of brown sugar mixture over dough and then place remaining 8 dough slices alternately over bottom layer. Spoon remaining brown sugar mixture over slices.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Let cool 3 minutes in pan before inverting onto serving platter or waxed paper.
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls are always a staple in our holiday meals, and I love that they can be used in so many ways.
What special traditions do you have on Christmas morning?