Maple-Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe
This post is sponsored by JELL-O.
Can you believe that the holiday season is here? I know I say this every year, but how did it get here so fast???
At any rate, it’s time to start thinking about holiday gatherings and most importantly – holiday FOOD! The food is really the best part, right?
Here’s the deal, though – if you’re anything like me, you don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen cooking and baking. Yes, we want our recipes to taste delicious, but don’t want them to take hours to put together. How can we spend time with our guests if we’re stuck over a hot stove?
Desserts are no different, either, even with them being the most important part of a holiday meal. (in my opinion anyway!) Dessert is something that we don’t treat ourselves to every day, so it’s a moment to be savored. So, is it possible to prepare a yummy dessert that doesn’t leave you in the kitchen all day?
Yes, it is!
I have put together a delicious dessert that takes traditional pumpkin pie and adds a special WOW of maple flavor and JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Pudding! It’s super simple to make and the best part – you can eat it with your fingers. (your kids will love that!)
With a cake crust, soft pumpkin filling and maple-flavored whipped topping, your guests and kiddos are sure to love these bars!
Maple-Pumpkin Pie Bars
Yield: 24 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
4 eggs, divided
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Instant Pudding
1 env. DREAM WHIP Whipped Topping Mix
1/3 cup milk
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. HEAT oven to 350°F.
2. LINE 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray.
3. Mix cake mix, 1 egg and butter until blended; press onto bottom of prepared pan.
4. BEAT cream cheese, brown sugar, remaining eggs, pumpkin and dry pudding mix with mixer until blended; pour over crust.
5. BAKE 40 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool 10 min. Use foil handles to transfer dessert to wire rack; cool completely.
6. MEANWHILE, mix whipped topping mix, milk and syrup in large bowl with mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed 4 min. or until mixture forms stiff peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.
7. SPREAD whipped topping mixture onto dessert and sprinkle with cinnamon before cutting into bars to serve.
OPTIONAL: Garnish with toasted pecan halves.
Recipe from JELL-O Recipes.
Have you started planning your holiday menu? I hope it includes these delicious Maple-Pumpkin Pie Bars!
Brought to you by JELL-O. Anything can go wrong during the holidays. Except these recipes.