Mini Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
A few weeks ago, we received our first big snowstorm of the year (at the end of the year, no less) here in Oklahoma. The streets quickly became icy and the only thing we could really do was stay inside and relax. Not a bad problem to have! Even our garden gnome enjoyed it.
It was cold, though. REALLY cold, so we had to find ways to stay warm and toasty. Many a hot cocoa was sipped. And soup. Lots of warm, yummy tomato soup. Mmmmmmm.. Snowstorms are really not that bad, after all.
Sometimes I like to think outside the box when it comes to meal ideas during the holidays. While most people may be thinking about turkey and stuffing, I think about spaghetti and tacos! This year, I may try these Mini Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas, made with Campbell’s soup!
What You’ll Need
- 12 flour tortillas (6-inch), warmed
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Chopped tomato and sliced green onion
How to Make It
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Press the tortillas into the bottoms and up the sides of 12 (2 1/2-inch) muffin-pan cups.
- Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce, chili powder, chicken and cheese in a medium bowl. Divide the chicken mixture among the tortilla cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired. Let the enchilada cups cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Top with the tomato and green onion before serving, if desired.
Doesn’t it sound delicious?