How to Make an Easy 3-minute Salsa Recipe
Did you know salsa is America’s number one condiment? It’s something thats always good to have on hand.
I used to spend hours making and canning gallons of homemade salsa. Then I found a great little cheater recipe for wonderful salsa! It takes 3 minutes! No Lie! Simple ingredients that I bet you have in your pantry! If you don’t… You should!
Dana's 3-Minute Salsa
- 1, 28oz can of tomato sauce
- 1, 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 2, 10oz. cans of Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies (I use ROTEL brand, You can use 1 can if you want is REALLY mild)
- chunk of an onion (maybe 1/3 of a med onion)
- Salt , generous pinch
- garlic powder just a shake or two
- Cilantro, to taste
- Jalapeno peppers, to taste
- Sour Cream (I always top my bowl of salsa with a dollop of Sour Cream)
1.) Toss your chunk of onion & peppers into your trusty blender.
2.) Dump in your cans of Tomato & Chillies
3.) turn on the blender for a few seconds to chop up the onion/peppers.
4.) dump in all other ingredients.
5.) blend until well mixed. (longer if you like it smooth, shorter if you like it chunky)
6.) pour into a bowl, top with sour cream if you like it that way... and enjoy!
How easy is that?!?!? You can play with it all you want. Add LOTS of hot peppers for more heat. Add lots of Cilantro if that floats your boat. Have fun with it!
guest post by Dana