Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
In honor of National Oatmeal Day, I have put together a delicious and easy recipe using Quaker Old Fashioned Oats that I think you’ll love – Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars!
- 1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar and peanut butter using a mixer (I used my Kitchen Aid stand mixer) on high for 2-3 minutes, then add vanilla extract.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda and salt and mix on medium until the mix looks crumbly. You may need to scrap the sides of bowl as the peanut butter may stick to it. Once the mix is evenly mixed and crumbles, add milk on low until a dough is formed.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Once the chocolate chips are evenly distributed, roll the entire mix into a ball using hands. Place the ball of dough into an 8×8 cake pan, pressing the dough to fit evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes. Remove once the bars are a golden brown. Cut into squares when cool! (they will fall apart if you cut too soon!)