Sugar Cookie Chex Party Mix Recipe
Do you love getting creative in the kitchen during the holidays? We sure do! The kitchen gets super busy during this season — from Thanksgiving dinner to a big holiday feast, to baking up items for bake sales, gifts, and for when company comes to visit. I love trying new recipes, perfecting old ones, and sharing them with everyone who is willing to be a taste-tester. Let’s be honest, it’s not hard to find folks to sample your creations!
A little while ago, I shared one of my favorite holiday traditions — making Chex Party Mix with my family — and today I wanted to share another tasty recipe that you can make with your family this year! This is something I used to do as a child and it always seems like something everyone did. My friends and neighbors would make it, my family would make it, and for whatever reason (probably because it’s so yummy!) it was just a given holiday tradition.
These days, I see friends passing down their favorite Chex Mix recipes to their kids and grandkids. It is so lovely to see traditions being passed down from one generation to the next — especially delicious traditions like this one!
Last week, I shared our Muddy Buddies recipe, and this time around, I’m making Sugar Cookie Chex Party Mix. That’s the wonderful thing about Chex — you can make so many different recipes, both sweet and savory. There’s something for everyone and they are fun to make too.
Sugar Cookie Chex Party Mix
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1/4cup butter
- 1/3cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoons water
- 2teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4cup powdered sugar
- 1oz white baking chocolate or 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips (I actually added more white chocolate than this recipe calls for, 3/4 cup)
- 1to 2 teaspoons gluten-free colored edible glitter or sugar sprinkles
- In large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on high 30 seconds or until melted. Add granulated sugar and water; microwave uncovered on high 30 seconds or until mixture is heated and can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 minutes, stirring every minute, until thoroughly glazed. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; mix well.
- Spread on cookie sheet. In small microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, or until it can be stirred smooth. Place in small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off small corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle white chocolate over snack mix; sprinkle with edible glitter. Cool until white chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
Don’t they look incredible?!
Since this recipe also doubles as a great gift idea for anyone with a sweet tooth, we decided to package some up to share with loved ones. I think that giving and getting treats for holiday gifts adds a personal touch that you just can’t get get from a gift card. Since Chex Party Mix is so easy to make, you can share a tasty treat as a gift this holiday season and you don’t even need to be a pro chef to make it happen.