10 Awesome Backyard Fire Pits
Not only is today my birthday, but it’s also the first day we’re able to get back to our trailer to clean it up for the upcoming season — and we can’t wait! Our trailer is our summer home-away-from-home and even though it’s less than a 20-minute drive from our house, we absolutely love our little oasis among the cedars.
The best thing about trailer season is sitting around the campfire, listening to music, roasting marshmallows with the kids, and just enjoying the gorgeous summer nights. If you’re keen on campfire life, check out these ideas below for ways to add a DIY fire pit to your own backyard!
01. Totally simple and easy to make on a budget! This is a great idea for those just starting out, or if you only have a very small space for a fire. Be sure to check town permits for what sort of open-air fires are allowed, as well! (via Instructables)
02. This is a beautiful fire pit — perfect for at home or the cottage! (via Mommy’s Kitchen)
03. I adore this clever idea for a fire pit cover. This one serves as a table and a fun games board! (via Hometalk)
04. Stunning! Haven’t you always wanted a bowl of fire for your yard? Of course you have! (via ManMade)
05. Paving stones are the perfect way to create your own backyard fire pit. This one’s also budget friendly and won’t take much time at all before you’re roasting marshmallows and telling ghost stories. (via Bridgeman)
06. No room for a fire? How about this cute terracotta pot fire pit? What a clever idea! (via Nest of Posies)
07. Most of the time, only you will know that you’ve left a special message on the bottom of your fire pit — but it’ll always be in your memories! Love this idea. This would be a wonderful weekend project for your family. (via Sharpe Creations)
08. I adore this modern take on the fire pit. Very swanky and stylish! (via The Brick House)
09. Have you ever seen anything like this! I had never heard of this glass before, but now I’m intrigued! (via Best Plants)
10. This is the coolest recycling project. Check out how they took something old and created this brand new (and totally funky!) fire pit for their yard! (via House & Fig)
Désirée is the Canuck mama behind So Fawned Lifestyle. Blogger, social media wrangler, go-to girl. Living the life with her partner Rich and awesome daughter Gretchen, she spends her days typing and drinking copious amounts of tea, and watching Gilmore Girl reruns.