Spicy Cowboy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
A spicy white sauce cowboy chicken spaghetti recipe made with Alfredo sauce, diced tomatoes, and green chilies.
When Valentine’s Day comes around, how do you like to celebrate it?
My partner and I change it up every year by sometimes going out to eat at a fancy restaurant and even making a delicious meal at home. For us, the holiday isn’t about what we do, but that we do it together. Gifts are optional, too, but I certainly never argue if they appear!
This year, we’re having a quiet Valentine’s Day dinner at home, so I’ve been tossing around ideas of what to cook for our special meal.
My mom would make this recipe for dinner when I was a kid and I’m not sure why I haven’t thought of making it until now. It’s creamy, spicy, and full of flavor. It’s also super easy to make.
I tweaked the original recipe by replacing the processed cheese with Bertolli Alfredo Sauce, made with fresh dairy cream and aged parmesan cheese, which I picked up at my last shop at Walmart, and it turned out so amazingly good.
Check out the recipe below.
Chicken Cowboy Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- Bertolli Alfredo Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can tomatoes and diced green chilies
- 8 oz spaghetti
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil for garnish optional
- Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions. While spaghetti is boiling, cook chicken tenderloins with olive oil (1-2 tbsp) and salt and pepper (to taste) in a large skillet over medium heat. When chicken is nicely browned and cooked through, remove from skillet and cut into small pieces.
- When spaghetti is done, drain and set aside. Using the same large skillet the chicken was cooked in, add Bertolli Alfredo Sauce, cream of chicken soup and tomatoes and diced green chilies. Stir over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until it the sauce is nicely incorporated and heated through. Add chicken and spaghetti. Top with fresh basil!
Doesn’t it look delicious?
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.