Pretty Peach Pie Recipe
As the end of Summer approaches, there is no better way to bid farewell than a refreshing Peach Pie.
It is truly Summer in a bite. Sweet and refreshing, and the simplest of recipes. The success of this recipe depends on the flavor of your peaches, so be sure to use ripe, delicious fruit.
If you make this in the Winter season, jarred peaches can be used if they are of very good quality. Icky canned peaches will produce an icky pie. If using jarred peaches, plan on buying 2 large glass jars of peaches to fill a deep-dish pie. I found the original recipe for this peach pie at Blissful Roots and tweaked it just a bit to my liking. Enjoy!
Pretty Peach Pie
- One pie crust Pre-made or from scratch, baked
- 6 large ripe peaches peels removed (2 for topping the base, 1 for the spiral garnish on top, and 3 for the filling)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- garnish: whipped cream
- If you have not already done so, bake the pie crust in a pie plate. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, blend 3 peaches, sugar, cornstarch and water. After blended, pour into a saucepan and heat over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Add the almond extract and butter and stir. Pour over the peaches and pie crust.
- Chill in the fridge for several hours until set up. Serve with whipped cream.