Easy Crockpot Slow Cooker Steak Taco Bowls
As a busy entrepreneur and mother, my life is chaotic at times.
On a typical day, I’m juggling school drop-offs with conference calls and who knows what else. It’s an exciting life, but definitely overwhelming at times, which is why I like to keep dinnertime as simple and easy as possible.
One of our favorite recipes is Steak Taco Bowls, and with a good Mexican taco sauce or powder or seasoning, I can make the steak in a slow cooker while I’m busy working and running errands.
The tortillas are also easy to cut into strips and pop into the oven for a crunchy element to our bowls. Yum!
Grab the recipe below!
Easy Steak Taco Bowls
- full packet of taco seasoning or taco sauce starter
- 2 lbs boneless chuck roast, cut into 2 to 3-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- La Tortilla Factory Non-GMO Hand Made Style tortillas
bowl filler ideas:
- black beans
- cheddar cheese
- roasted corn
- red onion, chopped finely
- sour cream
- green onions, sliced
- pico de gallo
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meat on all sides.
- Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk Sauce Starter and water until smooth; pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut strips from the La Tortilla Factory Non-GMO Hand Made Style tortillas and place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet (spray with cooking spray to avoid sticking). Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
- Build taco bowl by placing lettuce in bowl first, then building with ingredients of your choice! Top with steak