Easy Tortilla Breakfast Cups
These tortilla breakfast cups can be made with eggs, cheese, sausage, ham, bacon, mushrooms, or spinach – the sky is the limit!
If you are a regular here, you know how much I love to cook! What you may not know is that I tend to stick with the same versatile ingredients so that I can use them in multiple recipes. Yup, I’m a little sneaky like that!
Tortillas are one of those ingredients that I turn to often because I can use them in dozens of ways. Savory or sweet, tortillas can be used in soups, casseroles, desserts and, of course, as a vessel for our favorite taco meat.
Okay, on to the recipe! Since it is the holiday season, I wanted to put together something that was easy to make for a holiday breakfast or brunch that your guests will absolutely love!
Easy Tortilla Cups
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese cheddar & mozzarella
- 3/4 cup cooked sausage crumbled
- diced veggies - red bell pepper & onions
- 6 - 3.5 cut tortillas
- salt and pepper
- Cut tortillas in 3.5" rounds and place into greased muffin pan.
- Set 1/4 of the cheese and veggies aside. Whisk all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture into tortilla cups, then top with veggies.
- Bake at 350 degree for 10 minutes, remove and top with remaining cheese. Bake another 5 minutes.
I also created a recipe video that goes through all of the steps, too (see it at the top of the post)!
These tortilla breakfast cups can be made with a variety of other ingredients as well, like ham, bacon, mushrooms, spinach – the sky is the limit! I really do hope you enjoy them. 🙂
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.