Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies
Baked to a fine crisp, these cookies come ‘loaded’ with milk chocolate, caramel pecans, and white chocolate morsels.
guest post by Living the Gourmet
Lately this year, I’ve been receiving questions for Easter-themed gift ideas, with the question typically being framed around gifts for one’s guests. t’s an understandable quandary, since a bottle of wine is always a polite gift for a host, but there is no such rule of thumb for a gift as a host to one’s guests.
While one would certainly be correct in saying that simply being a good host is a gift enough to one’s guests, there’s also no harm in traveling that proverbial extra mile, and only the adoration of one’s guests to be gained. However, like pairing the right wine with the right tapas, the gift given by the host should be apropos to the setting, themed either to what is being served, to the season, to the holiday if one is being celebrated, or ideally to all three.
With Easter around the corner, sweets are the order of the day, with white chocolate and candy bunnies taking center stage. However, I wanted to do something less than expected for my guests, and if you are like me, your guests already have more chocolate bunnies than they could possibly eat in the course of a year.
That is where these Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies come into play. Baked to a fine crisp, these cookies come ‘loaded’ with milk chocolate and caramel pecans, with the addition of white chocolate morsels. While no more difficult to prepare than regular chocolate chip cookies, they will nevertheless make your guests believe that you traveled that extra proverbial mile, and returned with treats to tell the journey’s tale.
Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter - room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup caramel pecan pieces
Preheat Oven 375 degrees:
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars, butter, shortening, salt, vanilla, and baking soda; beat until smooth.
- Next beat in the egg, until smooth. Mix in the flour, chips and caramel pecan pieces
- Use a teaspoon to scoop balls of dough onto a prepared baking sheet; leaving room between the cookies since they will spread.
- Bake the cookies for 11 to 12 minutes; till their edges are golden and their tops are light golden.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool on the pan until they have set to avoid breaking.
- Repeat this process until all of the dough is used.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.
4 Comments on “Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies”
These look delicious! I wish I could have one right now with a glass of milk.
These are spectacular cookies! Love the addition of caramel pecans and the white chocolate too….gorgeous cookies I am now craving!!!
These look A MAZE ING. Perfect cookies!
Wow – these sure are loaded with goodies! I’m craving one (ok — three) right now!