Easy Chicken Pancakes Recipe
Now before you jump to conclusions, I am the first to admit that this might not be as easy as you would expect from a “No-brainer”, but it does have one thing going for it… it is the ultimate comfort food.
Warm and delicious, surprisingly quick to make, and with ingredients you may actually have in the fridge, here is my slightly adapted version of Southern Living’s Chicken and Potato Pancakes:
Chicken Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups instant pancake mix I used Bisquick
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups 6oz shredded colby-jack cheese blend (I used one that also had cheddar in it)
- 1 cup shredded hash browns let these stand at room temp for a bit, or gently defrost in the micro
- 4 green onions finely chopped (I didn't have any at the time, so I used dried onion flakes)
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Toppings: gravy sour cream or roasted red pepper spread
- Whisk together pancake mix and milk in a large bowl. Stir in chicken and remaining ingredients, stirring until just blended.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each cake onto a hot (350) nonstick skillet. Cook pancakes 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked; turn and cook other side 5/6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with any/all listed toppings.
Just a side note here, my husband and I ate these long after the kids had gone to bed, so there was a bit of batter leftover. I ended up making a dozen or so mini (silver dollar size) cakes, cooled them completely, and refrigerated them to serve to the kids tonight. Those two LOVE these things! (just so long as they can’t see any green bits in the middle)
One last idea for next time: what would happen if I added corn? how about some minced red/orange peppers? yummy!
Abigail @ Piece of Cake