Easy Pumpkin and Orange Poppyseed Bundt Cake Recipe
A delicious and easy Pumpkin Orange Poppy Seed Cake that pairs perfectly with coffee or tea. Orange + pumpkin is perfection!
If you are like me and have tried more than a few bundt cake recipes, you may be looking for something different. This is a recipe I’m willing to bet most people haven’t tried before, which is a shame.
If you are feeling ambitious, add orange zest to either the cake or the glaze for a delicious zip of flavor.
Pumpkin Orange Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix chocolate would probably also be great!
- 1 15 oz. can Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin - the plain pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling - if you have fresh pureed pumpkin instead, use 1-1/2 cups
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. poppyseeds
- Glaze recipe below
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, and orange juice in a large bowl and beat on low until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add poppy seeds and mix until blended. Pour into a greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with glaze.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar with 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice. Stir until smooth.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.