Mexican Tortilla Flats Recipe
Keep this one in mind when you are bringing a meal to a friend in need (new baby? new house? feeling under the weather?)
These Mexican Tortilla Flats have ground beef, beans, cheese, and tortillas, then baked to cheesy perfection!
- 1 lb ground beef approx
- 1 large can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 2 or more cups shredded cheese I use a mixed bag
- tortillas I use flour
- Sour Cream on the side
- Your favorite Hot Sauce has anyone out there heard of Taco Lita? my husband gave me a ton of little Taco Lita hot sauce packets for Christmas - I sure love him
- Brown ground beef, then add beans drained and rinsed.
- Place a tortilla (or two depending on the size of your casserole dish) to cover the bottom of 9x12 casserole dish. Drizzle with enchilada sauce to just cover tortilla.
- Layer ground beef/beans mixture on top of sauced tortilla, cover with handful of cheese and another tortilla, drizzled with sauce. Repeat.
- End layers with tortillas covered with lots of sauce and cheese. Bake uncovered until heated through and cheese on top is bubbly. Serve with sour cream and hot sauce.