Mini Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecakes
Don’t get me wrong, Pumpkin Pie is delicious. A Classic. Almost a requirement at every holiday table. My mom made at least three every year..and I would inevitably have a slice or two for breakfast the next morning.
But sometimes, it’s good to mix things up a bit…with a little splash of bourbon here, a nutty almond crust there, and turn ordinary into extraordinary.
Not to mention gluten-free!! And still good for breakfast the next morning 😉
Perfect for adults and kids alike, these delicious little bites add a sweet and surprising little addition to your holiday spread. The crust is simple and sweet, rich with almond and cinnamon, and the cheesecake is perfectly balanced with pumpkin, white chocolate, and spice. And don’t worry, the bourbon cooks itself right out and just leaves a smooth and warm hint that perfectly compliments every bite.
Not-Your-Mamma's Pumpkin Pie: Mini Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecakes
For the Crust:
- 1-1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds [reserve a few for topping]
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
For the Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 c bourbon [If you prefer not to use the bourbon simply substitute with 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract]
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 c white chocolate chips
You will need:
- 1 Muffin tin
- Paper muffin tin liners
- Stand mixer
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend the almond meal, slivered almonds, cinnamon, 3 tablespoons brown sugar and melted butter until the mixture resembled coarse crumbs.
- Spoon two teaspoons of the crust mixture into each paper liner and press into bottoms evenly.
- Bake crusts 10-15 minutes until golden.
- While crusts are baking, mix the remaining ingredients until fully blended. Scoop into pre-baked pie crusts, filling just below the top of the paper liner and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until set.
- Fully cool and then refrigerate. Before serving, top with reserved slivered almonds.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.