BBQ Barbecued Chicken Pizza Recipe
Craving a taste of summer to brighten up boring winter dinners? I have got the perfect recipe for you!
I have the secret for fast, delicious, homemade pizza. Forget making the dough from scratch. I’ve tried many times, and it was just never as good. Hop on over to a local pizza joint and buy pre-made pizza dough. I get mine from Papa Murphy’s. It comes ready to bake, all rolled out, and on its own baking sheet for $3 (for a large).
Barbecued Chicken Pizza
- Olive oil for baking sheet
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 lb store-bought frozen pizza dough thawed
- 1/2 cooked chicken (about 1 1/4 pounds) shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large zucchini halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion halved and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground peppe
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a large baking sheet; set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, use a rolling pin and your hands to roll and stretch dough to a 15-by-10-inch oval (if dough becomes too elastic to work with, let rest a few minutes). Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Leaving a 1-inch border, scatter chicken mixture evenly over dough; sprinkle with cheese, then zucchini and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until crust is golden and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.