BBQ Barbecued Chicken Pizza Recipe
This easy Barbecue Chicken Pizza uses store-bought pizza dough, shredded chicken, bbq sauce, Monterey Jack cheese, zucchini, and onions.
Craving a taste of summer to brighten up boring winter dinners? I have got the perfect recipe for you!
I have the secret for fast, delicious, homemade pizza. Forget making the dough from scratch. I’ve tried many times, and it was just never as good. Hop on over to a local pizza joint and buy pre-made pizza dough. I get mine from Papa Murphy’s. It comes ready to bake, all rolled out, and on its own baking sheet for $3 (for a large).
Barbecued Chicken Pizza
- Olive oil for baking sheet
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 lb store-bought frozen pizza dough thawed
- 1/2 cooked chicken (about 1 1/4 pounds) shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large zucchini halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion halved and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground peppe
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a large baking sheet; set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, use a rolling pin and your hands to roll and stretch dough to a 15-by-10-inch oval (if dough becomes too elastic to work with, let rest a few minutes). Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Leaving a 1-inch border, scatter chicken mixture evenly over dough; sprinkle with cheese, then zucchini and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until crust is golden and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.
10 Comments on “BBQ Barbecued Chicken Pizza Recipe”
Cool blog. I came across it through Blog Catalog. I visited last week and meant to comment, but don’t think I did.
I plan to visit back more often. The pizza in this post sounds awesome.
a.k.a. The Constant Complainer
We’re glad to have you!
Does it tastes as good as it looks.
Ooooo. Thanks for the little tidbit about getting dough from Papa Murphy’s. I’ve been using the Pillsbury crap from a can and it just ruins my pizza recipes.
Also, thanks for the new pizza recipe! I will definitely give it a whirl. I make a Tex-Mex Chicken and black bean pizza that is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Yummmm.
Ali-it looks awesome, I’m totally making this.
On my goodness, that looks and sounds wonderful.
Great recipe! lol….. my kids want to help make it 🙂 – BTW great site!!
I am most excited about the fact that you can buy the crust from Papa Murphys!
Oh and the pizza looks good too 😉
Looks absolutely amazing and can’t wait to make it myself and try it out!