Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
A buttery and cheesy mashed sweet potato side dish recipe, loaded with herbs and garlic recipe made in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
In my journey to create a full holiday meal using only the Crock Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker and Instant Pot, I discovered this amazing sweet potato mash that turned out being incredibly rich and delicious.
A buttery and cheesy mashed sweet potato side dish recipe made in a pressure cooker that is absolutely perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any holiday meal. Loaded with herbs and garlic, this mash is packed full of flavor and depth.
Get more Pressure Cooker Holiday Recipes:
- Pressure Cooker Turkey Breast
- Pressure Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- Pressure Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Pressure Cooker Bread Stuffing
- Pressure Cooker Cranberry Sauce
Get the recipe below:
Pressure Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes peeled & cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic whole & peeled
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Place trivet at the bottom of the pressure cooker, then add sweet potatoes and garlic on top.
- Add water to pressure cooker, then use high pressure or "steam" function for 9 minutes.
- Quick release, drain water from cooker, then mash potatoes and garlic (or whip with an electric mixer) until smooth.
- Combine spices, milk, butter, and parmesan cheese with potatoes, then serve!
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.