Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Green Bean Casserole Recipe
A tender green bean casserole in a light creamy sauce and topped with fried onions, made in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
This holiday, I want to make the festive meal as easy as possible, so I’ve been on a quest to make an entire feast using the Crock Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker pressure cooker. You can use your Instant Pot in the same way!
When I say easy, I mean REALLY REALLY easy. Like this green bean casserole, which is a must for every holiday gathering.
A tender green bean casserole in a light creamy sauce and topped with fried onions, made in a pressure cooker. A holiday recipe that you’ll hardly spend time making.
Get more Pressure Cooker Holiday Recipes:
- Pressure Cooker Turkey Breast
- Pressure Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- Pressure Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Pressure Cooker Bread Stuffing
- Pressure Cooker Cranberry Sauce
Grab the recipe:
Pressure Cooker Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans tails removed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped white or yelllow onion
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp sour cream
for onion topping:
- 1 large white or yellow onion thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tbsp flour any kind
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp oil any kind
- Set pressure cooker to "BROWN/SAUTE" setting. Add butter and onions and cook until onions are soft. Season with salt and cook until translucent. Stop the cooking process.
- Add green beans, garlic, and mustard to the pressure cooker and stir. Attach and lock lid, then steam at high pressure for 1 minute. When cooking is complete, quick release.
- After release is complete, carefully remove the lid and add sour cream. Stir until well combined. Top with fried onions and serve!
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Coat each onion ring in mixture.
- Heat up a large skillet with 3 tbsp of oil on medium heat. Fry each onion ring, flipping at least once to get a good fry on each side. Dry on a paper towel.
Founder of Mom Spark – a lifestyle blog for moms.