Cowboy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
When Valentine’s Day comes around, how do you like to celebrate it?
My husband and I change it up every year by sometimes going out to eat at a fancy restaurant and even making a delicious meal at home. For us, the holiday isn’t about what we do, but that we do it together. Gifts are optional, too, but I certainly never argue if they appear!
This year, we’re having a quiet Valentine’s Day dinner at home, so I’ve been tossing around ideas of what to cook for our special meal. When the opportunity to work with Bertolli fell into my lap, I immediately had an idea!
My mom would make this recipe for dinner when I was kid and I’m not sure why I haven’t thought of making it until now. It’s creamy, spicy and full of flavor. It’s also super easy to make.
I tweaked the original recipe by replacing the processed cheese with Bertolli Alfredo Sauce, made with fresh dairy cream and aged parmesan cheese, which I picked up at my last shop at Walmart, and it turned out so amazingly good.
Check out the recipe below.
Chicken Cowboy Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- Bertolli Alfredo Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can tomatoes and diced green chilies
- 8oz spaghetti
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions. While spaghetti is boiling, cook chicken tenderloins with olive oil (1-2 tbsp) and salt and pepper (to taste) in a large skillet over medium heat. When chicken is nicely browned and cooked through, remove from skillet and cut into small pieces.
- When spaghetti is done, drain and set aside. Using the same large skillet the chicken was cooked in, add Bertolli Alfredo Sauce, cream of chicken soup and tomatoes and diced green chilies. Stir over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until it the sauce is nicely incorporated and heated through. Add chicken and spaghetti. Top with fresh basil!
Doesn’t it look delicious? If you’re drawing a blank on what to make your loved one for Valentine’s Day this year, this recipe or any dish made with Bertolli sauces from Walmart would be a fabulous option for a date night in. See a few of my past recipes made with Bertolli for some inspiration, too!
What would you make with Bertolli sauces? Leave a comment below to let us know.
Happy Valentine’s Day!